Friday, March 25, 2011

A prayer by Martin Rinkert, ca. 1617

Thank you Lord that you chose to open my eyes this morning and give me life for one more day. May I remember this day that every breath I breathe has its origin in your grace. Thank you Lord that whatever this day holds, my time is in your hand to use me as you see fit. I have no plans of my own. May each moment be lived in praise and thanksgiving to Your Name.

Thank you Lord Jesus that you have redeemed me by your precious blood, that I live today forgiven even though I know I will fail, that the life you have given me for eternity cannot be taken by this war or the plague.

Thank you Father that even though I do not have the power to bring peace to this war-torn village, I do have your gift of peace to give each heart one person at a time.

Thank you Lord Jesus that in the midst of hatred and killing, nothing today can separate me from your love, not life or death, not principalities or powers, not hindsight or depth. May I show that love even to my enemies.

Thank you Lord that even though I may not see any reason to hope today that in my heart you are my living hope. May I walk by faith and not by sight.

Thank you Lord that I still have a voice with which to speak. May each word I say be a word of encouragement to those who are suffering rather than a word of despair.

Now thank we all our God with hearts and hands and voices.

No comments:

Post a Comment